Dear Camp 2016 - Over the weekend Mr. Nielson, Ollie and Gigs went on the deer hunt, but I should clarify, when I say "deer hunt", I really mean "dear camp". You know Mr. ...
It's Like a Spa Day For Your Blog!
1. Check your comments...that's right...you never know when some nasty spammers have left annoying fake comments on your posts. Just go to the Comment section of your blog and delete the ones that aren't real. It's usually easy to tell because it is in broken English or contains links.
It's rather empowering.
2. Remove old links. This might sound weird at first, but it's true. Sometimes you write an awesome post with great links, but once it gets past its shelf life, the links could have changed or died. Check links now and then to make sure everything is current. Check your most popular posts' links the most. Then readers won't get that annoying "page not found" page.
3. Rearrange your ads. If you have ads in your sidebar it's always refreshing to move things around a little and dust everything off...it's easy. You can drag and drop your ads if you are using Firefox. Otherwise, copy and paste to move the code around. Don't forget to save when you're done moving the furniture.
4. Go shopping. New bling for your blog is like a breath of fresh air in the room. Sometimes you just KNOW it's time for a new banner! Sometimes you just know that the font you've loved for 365 days is getting boring. Shop around other blogs to see what's new and a little trendy...
5. Color vs. White: yes, we all love the clean and crisp aspect of white, but adding a splash of color can really rejuvenate a tired blog, and it gives you, the writer, something beautiful to look at, and who can say no to that?
6. Relax right? Blogging should be fun and not a stressful thing you HAVE to do. I noticed a lot of bloggers literally "freaking" out around Christmas time because they had over-extended themselves. Remember to keep it real and blog from the heart, a happy blogger equals happy readers!